With apologies to filmmaker Peter Greenaway, who I am sure was first and foremost on everyone’s mind this Thanksgiving, I spent my Turkey Day as I do every year freeloading off my dear friends, Martini Max, his sister, Dorothy Parker (DP) and their family. Naturally, I am thankful for the things that matter most in life – the wheel, fire and stretch jeans.
Lame Adventures to Go!
Lame Adventures: Unglamorous Tales From ManhattanVirginia Antonelli (Author)Available now on Amazon in trade paperbackand Kindle edition.
Follow @LameAdventures on Twitter!
- I entered the $25 Merrily We Roll Along Lottery on @TodayTix! Tap here to enter: todaytix.com/nyc/shows/2598… tweeted 4 months ago
- RT @tonfilm: #CancelCulture is the new #McCarthyism. If @SpikeLee can’t stand up to it, who can?!?! tweeted 2 years ago
- Lame Adventure 475: Worldwide Pride, Milton and Me lameadventures.com/2019/07/01/lam… https://t.co/gXlWxagIDd tweeted 3 years ago
- I entered the @BurnThisBway Lottery for $39 tickets on @TodayTix! Tap here to enter: go.todaytix.com/BurnThisLottery tweeted 3 years ago
- I unlocked $39 Rush tickets for #TrueWest on Broadway at @roundaboutnyc on @TodayTix! Unlock here: go.todaytix.com/TrueWestRTCRush #TodayTixRush tweeted 4 years ago
Lame Adventure 412: The Deodorant Debacle
Lame Adventure 439: The Annual Halloween Scourge
Lame Adventure 463: Way Back Machine Encounter with a Rock Legend
I, too, am always thankful for stretch jeans–stretch anything, for that matter. Burkey looks just like our dog Ralph. Glad to hear you had a happy holiday.
It was a good holiday. Burkey sprang back to life once she and I played tug of war with her stuffed rabbit.
I’m always grateful for the friends who don’t mind me freeloading a holiday meal off them. Last year, my sister and I had Thanksgiving dinner at Perkins. All our freeloadable friends had gone away. I’m glad you had somewhere to go and friends to be with. As far as Martini Max – that pose doesn’t look to comfortable!
T-Day dinner – washed down with three martinis – always has that effect on Max.
DP, huh? Burkey like Turkey with a B?
You would notice that … Okay, this is the story of Burkey’s name. DP’s kids wanted a dog they were going to name Barkey. When they went to the animal shelter, they all fell in love with a pup named Burkey. DP reasoned that Burkey was close enough to Barkey … TMI, right?